The District uses the California State Standards for Gifted and talented Education to develop the goals of the MUSD GATE program. These goals are:
- To provide differentiated opportunities for learning that match GATE students’ particular abilities and talents.
- To offer alternative learning environments in which GATE students can acquire skills and knowledge at advanced conceptual and creative levels.
- To help GATE students develop sensitivity and responsibility to others.
- To help GATE students develop commitment to constructive ethical standards.
- To assist GATE students in the development of problem-solving abilities.
- To expand each GATE student’s awareness of choices for making contributions to his/her environment.
- To help GATE students develop healthy, realistic self-concepts.