District Mission Statement
The Milpitas Unified School District develops students who are both engaged in lifelong learning and are successful citizens in the 21st century.
Download Strategic Plan
This Locker is Empty
- Every Student Valued.
- Every Student Challenged.
- Every Student Successful.
Lifelong Learning Standards (3c)
Students will be collaborative workers who:
* Define and work toward achievement of group goals.
* Use interpersonal skills effectively
* Acknowledge the opinions and contributions of others.
* Perform a variety of roles within a group.
Students will be self-directed learners who:
* Prioritize, evaluate and adjust personal actions affecting well-being.
* Manage time efficiently.
* Manage personal resources; e.g., money and property.
Students will be participants in society who:
* Actively and positively contribute to a community (including the classroom).
* Take responsibility for their actions.
* Understand social issues and respect different points of view.
Students will be information processors who:
* Use a variety of resources and techniques to gather information.
* Adapt to new ideas and changing technologies.
* Identify and select the appropriate resources and technologies for given tasks.
Students will be effective communicators who:
* Speak clearly and correctly to a variety of audiences.
* Read for understanding, listen actively and ask clarifying questions.
* Express thoughts and convey information in correct written form.
* Use the most appropriate medium to present information.
Students will be complex thinkers who:
* Identify and solve problems in a variety of settings.
* Make decisions reasonably, logically, and flexibly.
* Recognize choices in applying ideas and concepts.