1. Lori Burns, Introduction and Background to Transitioning to Kindergarten
2. Dr. Bao Chau Nguyen from Kaiser discusses health and physical readiness for kindergarten.
3. Ranjit Bains, a parent, discusses parents role in preparing students for kindergarten.
4. Audrey Fong, MUSD Literacy and Interventions Coordinator, discusses preparing children to be good readers.
5. Susan Von Tersch, Kinder Teacher, explains registration process and first days of school readiness.
6. Annie Ehresman explains Project Cornerstone and research regarding student success.
7. Lori Burns:
What are the most important skills before entering kindergarten?
Which skills are the easiest to correct?
Where do teachers spend most of their time?
1. Does 10 hours of recommended sleep include naps?
2. Does Kindergarten accommodate children with special needs?
3. Does having multiple ethnic backgrounds hinder learning?
4. How many students are in a Kindergarten class?
5. My child is shy. What can I do especially for children riding the school bus?
6. My child is allergic to peanuts. How does the school deal with this?
7. Enrollment process questions
8. Public vs. Private school.
9. If my child already reads, will they be challenged?
10. What assessments are given at beginning of school?
11. "Every Child is Unique".